After reading Susette's post about me turning 60, I'm glad I am 60. The way she described turning 40 and 50 sounds awful. I say just skip the 40's and 50's and jump right into 60. Yes, you may be closer to the other side but now you can look forward to being your perfect self, all the hairs on your head restored, body parts back in place, no hairs growing out of moles, etc. I'm not planning on going anywhere soon, except maybe to Colorado and Sierra Vista, and I'm looking forward to that and planning on doing more things that I didn't get to do during those terrible 40's and 50's. You poor kids, so sorry that you have to face those decades. I'm just glad that I didn't realize they were that bad. Thanks, Susette, for helping me to realize I need to change my thinking. I know the next decade for me will be better than those I just finished because I just decided to make it better. Just like you said, I'll see you there soon, and of course there will be some (maybe just a little) fun watching you make it through the next terrible twos, (as in the next two decades).
This is where I wish I could add a picture but I don't have any to download. I'm on Dad's computer and he doesn't have any pictures. You can picture me with a smile and that knowing look that all parents have, been there, done that and made it through. So will you, warts and all.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment