

To all my children
As you well know, you have been blessed with two of the best women I know, who happen to be your grandmothers, Grandma B and Gogey. You learned to sing, laugh, play games, get treats, and were given lots of attention by these great ladies. I love them both.
I'm posting because of today, my sweet Mother passed away 5 years ago, today, on a Sunday. What a special day to remember her by.
And yesterday, was the birthday of Gogey, who was with me like a mother when my mother passed away. I have been blessed to have these precious examples in my life and hope that I can be just a little bit like them. You are all blessed to have grown up having them a part of your lives. I know they loved you all dearly and still do.
Happy Birthday, Gogey
I love and miss you, Mother
I love you all, Mom
4 comments:
I can't believe it has been five years! I miss my Granny, but I know she's here with us in spirit. I am just so grateful to have had the experience of being with mom and granny just before she passed away. It was such a sweet, reverent experience to be with two of the greatest women I know. I know Granny's in Heaven watching us and having a grand ol' time visiting with all her family. She's probably running every hand of hearts she gets :)
I love you too Mom and I think it's so sweet that you're a nostalgic person. And I love my family too!
5 years? That just doesn't seem possible. We moved here 5 years ago and I would've have missed the opportunity to sit with her in her last few moments. Maybe she was waiting for me to move back to Arizona, cause you know, I was her favorite. (you know she had no favorites so don't start a war :D)
Of the two grandparents that I've lost, both of them were right around Christmas time. Another special reason to celebrate and remember such wonderful lives as my grandparents and the Saviors. Who in my opinion did the very best they could in the situations they were born into. Never complained about their lot, and did nothing but serve and love those they came in contact with. What a wonderful legacy they have left behind for us to follow.
Boy you can say that again, all that has happened in five years. Can you imagine what could be happening in the next five year? (squiggley, wavet lines as I think ahead) Kylie will be married, Jensen on a mission, Landen getting ready to go, Amber and John Ellis getting their permits to drive, Ian turning 5 years old and starting kindergarden, Jake in first grade and a big brother :0 maybe, Jason, Emi, Jace, and Meaghan turning 10! Ivan and Jaryn getting baptised and Christi and Casey will be the parents of 5 kids. JK I hope for your sakes. One or two would be lovely. A lot can happen in five years, here's hoping it will all be great and everyone is healthy happy and RICH. I'll go for healthy and happy. Love you all
Well for the short 6 years that I had the priviledge of knowing Grandma B. she really touched my life. Just the sweetest, most outspoken, funny, loving grandma anyone could ever ask for. I definately miss her sassy outspoken charm. She is one in a million.
And of course I cannot forget the most amazing talented Gogey. Wow how I wish I could play the piano like her. She is also loved so much.
Even though they are not my grandmas by blood, they are my grandmas through marriage and I love them both so much.
Post a Comment