Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Long time, no blog

Hi everyone.

I feel like I haven't seen you all or talked to you much in a while. School is winding down and even though I have just 2 classes, my CIS class is kicking my butt.

Jake is rolling around all over the place now. (Just the other day, he rolled about 6 feet from where I had left him; I wish I had a hidden camera.)

Amanda is still working at the dental practice near our home, and she can't wait for her own office to be completed there. She said it has been crazy busy the last several weeks, and it will be nice to be out of the patient flow.

I'm still working at the same place, but my schedule got changed temporarily to Sunday - Tuesday and every other Wednesday until they hire for a replacement of the guy that quit. I also applied for a new job in the same company to be an ecommerce programmer/analyst, but I haven't heard back yet on that.

I finally finished reading Plato's Republic, and the Power of Now (in the midst of my busy semester; I can't be expected to concentrate on school the whole time can I?). Most people would find the Republic boring, but I learned a lot of new words! It was interesting to see the influence that the Republic had on the framers of the Constitution so many thousands of years later. The Power of Now is a New Age book that I picked up two years ago and only read a few chapters before I got bored with it. I finally got back to it, because I hate the idea of not finishing a book. I have heard good reviews on Joseph Campbell's The Power of Myth; I think I will tackle that this summer. Anyone else read any good books lately?

Oh well, time to get back to work (homework, yardwork, babywork, etc.)

Love you,
Michael

No comments: