Saturday, April 19, 2008

Well, I had mentioned this in my previous post

I had applied for a new position in the company, and I just found out yesterday that I got it! I am now an ecommerce programmer/analyst. I'll be working extensively with SQL (a database query language), Perl (a UNIX/Windows scripting language) and Java (another programming language).

This will be a fun but challenging new career since I have never worked in a structured development environment before. Wish me luck!

Love you,
Michael

5 comments:

CGray said...

Congratulations Michael! I'm really proud of you. I hope you will still be able to finish your degree next May. I know you're kind of sick of school.

Michael D said...

You have no idea how tired I am of school; the first 12 years were OK, but the last 8 have been such a drag, lol.

Rogers Family said...

Michael,

You are a crack up! Let me give you a tip, you never finish getting an education. You just get a degree after several years of proving that you know how to answer questions to someone else's satifaction. Regardless of that, you deserve a full congratulations and best of luck in your new career.

Michael D said...

Well put, Stacy.

And I agree; I never want to stop learning, but I do want to learn on my own time and schedule.

Michael D said...

And without paying for it, I might add.