Sunday, December 23, 2007

It was a Very Merry Christmas for Me!

I know this is a long time coming, but I wanted to say a few things to my family for all to read. I again, really wanted to thank my Family for Last Sunday! All growing up, the real, true sign that the Christmas Season was upon us was the start of all the practices for our Christmas Programs that we did. I guess you could say that is where Music and Christmas became one in the same for me.
Of Course we all get older, people move on, and it gets more and more difficult for everyone to all get together, so sometimes for me, I never really sense the real, true sign of the beginning of the Christmas Season. However, to hear my family sing IS Christmas! My Sisters' voices are all so beautiful and angelic, and of course, Father has always touched my heart with his voice as well. Hearing you all sing in Mom and Dad's ward was great, and I loved hearing you all sing. And to be honest, the idea to have you all sing in my ward was mostly to let everyone in my ward know what good, really good, music should sound like, and to show off the talents of my family. When I mentioned the idea to everyone, I was so happy to hear that everyone was willing. And then for Susette to suggest that I be a part of it because it is my ward, and to also find out that Hobie wanted to be a part of it as well, let's just say at that point, I had to make sure it would happen.
Thank you Hobie, for taking the extra time from your work to practice with me on my schedule and for being patient with me in wanting to keep things simple. I must say, the idea of throwing you and me into the mix had me a little worried, I really did not want to take anything away from the song that Dad and the girls have sung so beautifully for so many years. But instead of taking anything away, I really felt we actually added something to it! Not only does that make me feel great, but to be able to share that experience of practicing and singing with my brother made it that much more special.
And of course, Thank you, Dad, Susette, Stacy, Melodee, and Christi, for not only having such beautiful voices, but allowing Hobie and I to be a part of such a wonderful Christmas Song that IS Christmas!
I also wanted to single out Stacy and Melodee. Melodee for making the extra trip here to the valley just to sing with us. I know it can be a long drive, and with your two little ones all by yourself, I am sure it was not the easiest thing. The fact that you would even do this speaks volumes of the Love you have for your Family, and that being a part of this song meant that much to you!
And to Stacy, I know that your everyday life is faced with challenges that most of us do not have to deal with. To make yourself available to practice and sing is a lot easier said then done, and I for one really appreciate the sacrifices you made to make it happen.
Of course, we all know none of this would be possible without Gogie! Most of the comments I heard were not just about the singing but the arrangement as well. I was surprised to see several people come up to Gogie in my Ward and tell her what a beautiful arrangement it was.
Again, thank you all! It really is moments like this that really stand out to me and will become the Christmas memories years from now that I will tell my grandchildren about. Merry Christmas to All My Family!

6 comments:

Polly mom said...

Tyler, you have made my Christmas special by the comments you made to the family. I know just how you feel, it is so hard to not be sitting there feeling all proud and all. It was even more special to have you and Hobie singing with them and you guys DID add to the song beautifully. I hope you all (and maybe Michael?) will have the opportunity to sing it many more times. I'm so glad you shared your thoughts with us all because you said it so well. Love to all of my precious family.

Susette 10e said...

That was very sweet Ty.
I know for me it has been a wonderful Christmas season too. I too miss the practices and the performances, only because it brought us together with all of our family. I was so glad that you all wanted to sing, and then put in the practice time to make it special. I hope this is the begining of many more songs together.
Love to all!

CGray said...

I was going to say something really profound, but mom and Susette said it all.

Rogers Family said...

Tyler, I was just thinking about how wonderful it was to sing with all of you. It is almost a dream come true. (I hope that we can do this again and be able to have more voices, that includes the "in-laws"). Until then I will never forget the happiness I felt being able to sing with you. (AND those other people :D). Love you brother.

Michael D said...

Wish I could have been there, but I will do the family a big favor and not participate in such settings due to the voice I was not blessed with.

I will add my part by trying to attend such events in the future to support the beautiful voices that others in the family possess.

Hobie Brittany and the Boys said...

I really enjoyed watching you guys sing together, and I hope you can have more chances to do so in the future! I know Hobie
s been practicing!