Thursday, October 11, 2007

A lot going on...

First of all I have to say that this is a great idea. I am constantly on the computer so it will be nice to check up on everyone and see how they are doing once in a while.

I don't know if anyone knows that Casey is the Ward Mission leader for our ward and I am a ward missionary and lately things have been really hectic. Casey got news a few weeks ago that his company will be shutting down the Mesa Service Center in March of '08. At first we thought, "That's a really great company for giving us so much notice to find a job." But a few days ago, Casey was called into a meeting and there is a possibility that it could be closed by the end of the year. So, needless to say we're stressing out a little. Although, that quote that Melodee found is really helping me to continue to see the good in all of this and to have faith that the Lord will direct us to something that will be really good for us.

School is going well for both of us. There a few dumb teachers and students here and there, but they're everywhere. Oh, and Casey will be graduating in May with his Bachelor's in Business, so YEAH!!!!

Casey has been involved with a band, the temporary name that I chose (thank you thank you) is Sparatacus. He is loving it and doing so much better at the guitar (with all this practice I would hope he's doing better) He is so excited about this project.

Right now, I'm at Highland High school twice a week and Greenfield Junior high once a week tutoring kids and helping them achieve their goals. It is so amazing! I am loving it. I could totally teach 8th grade English!

Well, that's pretty much it for now. I love you all and hope that you can keep Casey and I in mind while we try and figure stuff out for work.

Love,

The Little Sister (Christi)

2 comments:

Michael D said...

Thanks for letting us know; I'll keep my eyes open for any job postings that may come up at my work.

I was just telling Stacy the other day that I have been going to college since the Fall of 1999; I am so tired of school right now. Lesson to be learned? Don't change your major six times. Four or five times is OK, but six is just too many, lol.

I have a cool calling, too: Sports Coordinator!

CGray said...

I feel like I can tell you this because you're my family, but Casey and I are being released on Sunday!! We were so excited when we found out. Like I said it's been really hectic lately and I think the Lord knew we needed a change.

It's so amazing to know that we have a Heavenly Father always looking out for us even though we're not always doing what we should. I know I could be better at reading my scriptures and saying my prayers (although lately, I've been saying them constantly throughout the day). But no matter what we do or what we've done He is there. That knowledge really gives me comfort at a time when we don't know what lies ahead. The same kind of thing happened last year when I was hitting a brick wall with one of my fellow counselors. I didn't know what to do anymore and I still kept asking the Lord what I needed to learn from this and BAM! Casey is called to be the Ward Mission leader and I am released from the Young Women presidency. Sometimes I feel like I'm too lucky when stuff like this happens.