Friday, October 12, 2007

We need a new one

As you can see, we really do need a new one. This was the last one taken. I'm hoping for sometime after Michael and Amanda's baby, maybe early December we can have a nice day. This post is to also inform all of you that the house on Desert Lane has been sold. If there is anything that you might want from it, you can call David to get the number of the new owners. It closes on Monday and they are going to knock it down. I know there isn't much left but some of you mentioned momentos like the spindle from the stair railings. I'm not sure what they will do with the wood stove. That might be available to be taken as well. And yes, I am really sad at the moment but I am really thankful for all the fond and maybe not so fond, memories that we have there. Many long hours spent building and more than half our married life was there and of course a GREAT place for raising and marrying off all of you there. It will always be a treasure to us.

4 comments:

Michael D said...

I just happened to be on the blog when you posted about the house. That is difficult to hear.

It sure was a great house with great memories. I took some pictures of the "forest" several months ago, but I am wondering if anyone has some good pictures of the house they could either post or e-mail me?

Who has a big enough yard for the next family picture to be taken at? Maybe we could have the picture taken on the Temple Grounds?

Susette 10e said...

Wow, that was a bit of a shocker. I think I thought that is was just gona stand there forever. Well, sometimes all good things come to an end.

I would like to recommend the place that we had our family portrait done. It's near Ty's house and the background of waterfalls is really beautiful, if your looking for a formal or informal shot.

Polly mom said...

I'm sure we can find somewhere nice. The temple is a good place as well as the place near Tyler's.

Melodee took some really cool pictures all around the outside and the inside of the house. She did get pictures of "Michael's Forest". I will have to come to your house sometime and download onto you computer because there are so many.

CGray said...

That was really hard to swallow the other day when I heard the news. It was hard enough to know that I could never bring my children to that house once mom and dad moved, but now that there won't be any trace of it, breaks my heart a little. I hope there are a lot of pictures of the house so that I can show my kids one day. I hope a lot of you realize how lucky you are to have had the opportunity to bring your kids to that house. I know that I'm pretty much the most nostalgic one here (besides Mom) but I wanted to give them the Grand Tour, show them every inch of that house (Where Stacy ran up the fire escape for fear that Susette would kill her, the bedroom where Hobie nearly gave himself a concussion, where Michael and I played Hot Lava in the basement, where Ty would watch t.v. while eating ice-cream and tell me it was medicine and where Melodee and I shared a room and she could always make me laugh when I was in a bad mood. I hope you guys take the time to share those kinds of memories with your kids because I think they are precious. Maybe I should post this? Nah