Wednesday, October 24, 2007
This is to let the family know that Grandpa Brookbank's sister died yesterday, Aunt Bea. I know most of you don't know who she is, she was Grandpa's older sister. There was Uncle Walt, then Aunt Bea, then Grandpa. Those were the three Brookbank children. She had turned 90 years old last March. Her funeral is Friday at Meldrums Mortuary at 11:00. Dad and the girls have been asked to sing. This is really just a "letting you know". Sometimes I thought my aunts and uncles were going to live forever but two more have moved on just in the last couple of months. Just a little geneology, your great Grandma Brookbank had 9 children, Walt, Bea and my Dad. She married a second time and had Mary, Bob, Jack and Janet (twins), Gussie and Claire. Claire died in a car accident many years ago, then Walt died several years after that. The oldest and the youngest have been gone for more than 2o years. Aunt Bea is the first to go (of the children) in all that time. Aunt Mary's husband, Uncle Lufkin, passed away just this last August. I guess my Grandma B. is tired of waiting for them and wants them home. I read somewhere that they are only "gone from our sight, that is all".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you all have way too much time on your hands
It really doesn't take that much time at all; but thanks for expressing your opinion, you bust-out!
Post a Comment